Thursday, October 4, 2012

something a little outlandish

Life right now is pretty crazy. That is even putting it lightly. Trying to navigate full-time masters classes, oftentimes full-time work and ministry, spending quality time with my wife, walking through the international adoption process for our son, and some attempt at a social life is no easy task. Time is very sparse, and the term "free-time" is laughable most days.

So, in the midst of all of this, I took off for a long weekend to hunt antelope in Wyoming. This is something that I have done for the past few years with very good friends. As much as this may seem (and in some ways is) like a selfish vacation at the most inopportune time, it is part of my personal soulcare and the fruits of this trip pay dividends to my family and ministry as a result.  Being offbalance does not always make sense, but it helps at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment